Monday, April 26, 2010

Bride and Prejudice

For all those Pride and Prejudice fans here is the best version of this classic novel done Bollywood style. The fun music and native Indian culture makes this version more fun and extremely entertaining.  For those like me and my wife who can't stand the original version because of Mr. Darsey is a jerk and looser and opposed to popular opinion I don't see a change, here is a version where you actually see that he is a nice guy all he  needed was to be exposed to another culture other than the wealthy business class of his American corporate life.  He comes to love India and you actually see that he loves Lalita (Elizabeth in Indian) and comes to enjoy here perspective of life from a completely different point of view.   I am not a fan of Jane Austin but I loved this version and recommend it to all Jane Austin fans and those that aren't her biggest fans.  This is also a good movie to be exposed to for Bollywood style because it is not pure Bollywood but combines some British and Hollywood elements in it as well.  For Lost fans you can see Sayid become a "Indian MC Hammer".
enjoy the only good version of Pride and Prejudice I have seen.  (and yes I have seen the 6 hour special).

No comments:

Post a Comment